It is time to get creative with foods we need to use, y’all and with these Cobb Salad-Stuffed Avocados you can do just that. This is a strange season we’re in, and I want to help you with resourceful recipe ingredients for taste instead of waste—the easy-peasy way.
We’re all just tryin’ to stay happy, and there’s no better way to do that than by feeding our bellies with foods we can pull from our pantries, refrigerators, and kitchen counters.
This recipe is great for how to use leftover Easter eggs. You can also use any hard-boiled eggs you have on hand.
Keeping hard-boiled eggs around means always having filling and flavorful snacks ready to eat. If you store hard boiled eggs for a few days in your refrigerator, you can grab them out for a satisfying snack, or as part of a meal.
This yummy Cobb Salad-Stuffed Avocados recipe will give you and the family you’re feeding the distinctive flavors of a fresh Cobb salad, all packed in an avocado shell. You don’t even need lettuce, and you get to use bacon.
Eat this tasty Cobb salad alternative to start your day for breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner.
While we’re all mostly tucked in our homes with hungry people, I’m also giving you ideas to trade out ingredients for what you don’t have or might not be able to buy.
Tips To Make Your Process Easy Peasy Pleasy…
- While we’re all mostly tucked in our homes with hungry people, I’m also giving you ideas to trade out ingredients for what you don’t have or might not be able to buy.
- No avocados? Use prepackaged guacamole or mashed avocados and assemble with your favorite Cobb salad ingredients. You can even stuff your hard-boiled eggs with the Cobb ingredients.
- Pre-packaged real bacon bits work if you are out of bacon.
- If blue cheese isn’t an option, use blue cheese dressing or even ranch dressing.
- The sky is the limit on how you can assemble these avocados. Use your favorite ingredients.
Looking for more great salad recipes? Click here. Looking for more ideas with avocados? Check out my favorite way to eat avocado…fried! I had the pleasure of blogging this recipe on my friend’s blog who is vegetarian.
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Halve avocados and remove pit. Scoop most of the avocado meat into a bowl and mash. Add several squeezes of lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix hard boiled eggs, bacon and tomato in bowl. Add in 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese. Evenly divide mashed avocado into each avocado shell. Top with egg mixture and remaining blue cheese.
Alternatively, halve avocado and remove pit. Squeeze lime juice on each halve and add salt to taste. Top with remaining ingredients.